Get into Teaching with Marine Academy Primary
Since 2018 we have been offering our successful School Direct for 5-11 General Primary PGCE with QTS through the Plymouth Hub with Dartmoor Teaching School Alliance at Marine Academy Primary. Building on the success of this programme, we will be running two outstanding courses from September 2020! In addition to the 5-11 General Primary PGCE with QTS, we are now delighted to offer a School Direct 3-7 Primary PGCE with QTS through our Plymouth Hub. This programme is for teachers wishing to specialise in Reception and KS1 aged children.
As a 3-7 years teacher, you will play a vital role in children’s development. You’ll make a lasting, positive impact on children’s education, well-being and creativity, opening young minds to new concepts through rich and practical learning experiences. Trainees who are undertaking the Primary 3-7 programme will train alongside our general Primary trainees, but will have specialist input from our Reception and KS1 colleagues. Their main ITT placements will be in Reception and KS1.
Marine Academy Primary is an active member of Dartmoor Teaching School Alliance (DTSA). DTSA is an alliance of primary and secondary schools in the wider Devon area. If you are thinking about training to teach, we think we can offer you a superb range of inspiring courses. Whether you are a new graduate or you are considering a career change, our teacher training will equip you with the skills to be an outstanding teacher. Dartmoor Teaching School Alliance is led by Okehampton College, rated Outstanding by Ofsted and we are giving you the opportunity to train in the Plymouth Hub with our Outstanding school, Marine Academy Primary. We work in partnership with the University of Exeter, itself rated as Outstanding as a Teacher Training provider. Together we provide first class school-based training and rigorous academic learning.
Great Reasons to Train with us…
• An outstanding partnership: Marine Academy Primary and the University of Exeter offer trainees first class school placements and academic teaching.
• Train close to home: With 80 schools in our Alliance from across Plymouth and Devon, we offer trainees greater control over where they complete their training.
• Matching trainees to placement schools: Every effort is made to carefully match our trainees to the placement schools that will best develop their skills as a teacher
• Support into employment and beyond: We recruit trainees with the view to support them, through workshops and mock interviews, to secure their first post. Trainees that go onto teach in local schools are supported through our wide range of NQT and other professional development programmes. We also know what Plymouth is looking for and are training the next generation of outstanding practitioners for Plymouth.
• Values-centred training: We are passionately committed to the values of co-operative schools that put people at the centre of everything we do. We are proud to offer a personal approach in everything we do and to afford people time, support and encouragement they deserve. We have a huge moral purpose, which you will feel the second you step inside Marine Academy Primary.
How to Apply
Applications are through the UCAS website. Applications for September 2020 start will open on 8th October 2019. Apply here: https://www.ucas.com/teaching-in-the-uk
For more information about this exciting opportunity, please read our School Direct Prospectus.